Dear Biathlon Family,
The organizing committee has regretfully decided to cancel the Eastern Biathlon Open as originally proposed for January 14-17, 2021 at the Fort Kent Outdoor Center. With the recent surge in the COVID-19 positive cases in the surrounding area, we felt it was prudent to delay the event until later in the season, if possible, when the event could be held safely for volunteers and participants. We will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully and, if there is a significant improvement, we would issue a new invitation later in the season.
We will be holding the Eastern Biathlon Time Trials according to a similar schedule (updated Jan 12, 2021) with a very limited volunteer staff for those few athletes that need recent results for consideration to be nominated to the World Youth/Junior Championships US team competing in Austria in late February.
Please contact Carl Theriault at email@example.com to be considered for entry in the time trials
President Fort Kent Outdoor Center
- Women will start at 10:00 AM, Men at 10:45 AM
- Order of start based on by Class
Note: We are implementing special precautions in light of the COVID-19 pandemic including;
- All persons at the venue must wear a mask at all times with the exemption of the competitors. They are allowed to lower their masks only during their competition from start line to finish line.
- There will be no spectators. Parents will be asked to remain in their cars or walk on other parts of the FKOC property during the event.
- All competitors and coaches must complete a pre-event Health Screening by Tuesday, January 12 or they will not be allowed at the venue.
- We will monitor the Health Screenings as soon as Registration closes Tuesday, January 12. Applicants will be notified if they are not allowed at the venue.
- Access to the lodge building will be limited to those needing to perform official event business.
- Teams are encouraged to bring only one coach and limited to a maximum of two coaches.
Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org